We are in the process of compiling a list of resources for individuals and small organizations during this COVID-19 outbreak. If you have any to add, please share with us. (Email DanceMissionTheater@yahoo.com.) We are also gathering ways that you can help: letters to write, organizations that need volunteers etc. This is just the beginning, so check back often!
- A mini grant for artists living in San Francisco from UNTITLED, ART (deadline 3/31).
- List of resources for artists and arts organizations from Creative Capital.
- List of resources for freelance artists gathered by Morgan Simon (a Dance Mission community member!) in Forbes.
- The SF Mayor's Office has announced an artist relief program.
- List of resources for undocumented workers.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Write letters to Congress to ensure that they will include $4 billion—to be distributed though the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)—to help offset the losses of the nonprofit arts industry, and expand eligibility through additional federal programs to ensure artists, entrepreneurs, and small businesses in the creative economy can utilize business interruption relief. ALSO! Make sure that they include gig workers in their unemployment aide.
- Check in with your neighbor. Ask if they need help with groceries etc.
- Write Governor Newsom to put a moratorium on rent increases and evictions, suspend rent and mortgage payments, and prohibit utility cutoffs during the economic fallout of COVID-19.
- Sign the letter crafted by the ACLU to demand the release of vulnerable communities from immigrant detention centers, jails, and prisons to stop the spread of COVID-19.