Our theater is OPEN and we are now accepting new rentals!
Dance Mission Theater is an accessibly-priced performance venue in the heart of San Francisco’s Mission District. It exists to foster community, encourage innovative collaborations, and nurture emerging dancers and choreographers.
Dance Mission Theater is a 135-person capacity black box theater with professional lighting and sound capabilities. Stage dimensions are 28 feet wide by 35 feet deep, with four 4-foot wings per side. The stage floor is sprung wood with black Marley. Because of its depth and high ceiling, the theater is an ideal venue for dance performances or aerial work. We have an elevator and are ADA accessible.
The base rental agreement is usually for one week and is priced at $4,500. This includes:
- 35 hrs with the light tech
- 20 hrs with the sound tech
- 12 hrs with the house manager
- Time in the theater to tech, load-in, rehearse etc. Mon-Wed (9 am – 4 pm) and Thurs (9 am- 11 pm) NOTE: Summer hours may differ
- Space for up to 3 shows Fri, Sat and Sun (additional shows are possible at an additional fee)
- Listing on Dance Mission’s Website, Facebook and Twitter account and in the monthly e-newsletter
- 100% of Box Office proceeds
- Liability Insurance Coverage
- Access to Dance Mission’s knowledgeable staff to give advice on marketing, publicity and production needs
- Use of Dance Mission’s online ticketing account
- Listing in Dance Mission Theater’s Season Brochure (date dependent)
Not included: Lighting designer
Note: Box office services are available at an additional charge. Use of the theater is available for single-evening events on a case-by-case basis. Please call to inquire.
Shorter rentals are sometimes possible and are determined on a case by case basis.
For more information on rates, availability, and technical specifications, please call Stella Adelman at 415-826-4441 or email email@example.com.
COVID-19 protocols: Please note that due to the ever-changing nature of COVID-19, protocols are frequently updated. Please inquire about our current protocols when inquiring about renting our venue.